Technology, internet, rants, raves.
Eric Swanzey's Blog
Here's a snapshot of this morning's punch list.
- Draft a spec and estimate for a mobile site conversion, newsletter/eMarketing campaign suite, and online catalog that targets smart devices
- Issue a logo rev to a client
- Check status with the dev's on a couple of code forks (NB_Store, SmithCart) for some eCommerce initiatives
- Add/enable 600GB RAID Level 1 on one of the dedicated database servers; reconfigure the backup schedules to use the new storage.
- Finish and deliver a spec for a "video in the cloud" service that will pass cleanly through enterprise/corporate firewalls, optimize for the bandwidth of the requestor through adaptive bitrate, and sense the device (desktop, tablet, smart phone) to provide for the best user experience
- Fix some client discussion forums (ActiveForums) where some incorrect filtering was causing submitted code fragments to be mangled
- Investigate and resolve some bad page requests that were out of hand on a DNN 5 site
- Review some DotNetNuke World 2011 session videos
- Schedule some client training for SmithCart store administration
- Prep for a atratetgy meeting on member landing pages for an area health club